The Marks Family Foundation grant making policies reflect the legal requirements governing private philanthropy. To be considered for funding:
- Applicant must have non-profit 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status or be sponsored by a 501(c)(c3) organization.
- Grant requests must satisfy the objectives of the Marks Family Foundation mission.
- Must provide services in Western New York State (Erie and Niagara Counties, New York City or the state of Vermont.
Follow this Link to determine eligibility and to apply via our on-line application portal.
Please note that all supporting materials must be uploaded for a proposal to be considered complete.
Supporting documents you should have ready include in PDF format:
- A copy of your organization’s 501(c)(3) tax-exempt certification
- A list of your organization’s Board of Directors
- A one-page budget for the project, listing all expenses and revenue for the program/project, including other sources of support and amounts requested not yet granted.
- Full Budget for your Organization
- Organizational Balance Sheet
Step 2 – Application Review
For consideration, applications must be submitted on-line on or before by April 1.
Funding announcements will be made in June. If a grant is awarded, a Grant Award Letter and a Terms of Award document will be sent to your organization. If a grant is not awarded, an email declining your request will be sent to your organization.
Step 3 – End of Grant Report